I’ve learned this month that my self discipline needs some serious work. This month wasn’t the best goal wise, and I believe its because the goals were too vague, and didn’t include any weekly deadlines or, specific actions steps to take.
blog 1x a week
plan a photoshoot or go on a photo walk 1x a week
I did succeed in going on a photowalk each week, but that didn’t always lead to taking pictures. On some of my walks I felt like I should keep the moment to myself. My Canon Rebel Xs may be broken, I haven’t figured out if the diopter setting is wrong, poor technique, or the camera is actually broken.
I did vlog a few times this month, I should have been more clear on the number of times I wanted to practice vlogging for February.
Post to blog everyday (31 posts)
This will be challenging, considering how difficult it felt to post 1x a week. This time excuses are not an option, and I don’t think writing was the problem. I believe the difficulty centered around actually hitting publish and putting the work out into the world. This month I will tackle the issue by posting everyday for March.
- Work on blog for an hour when I wake up
- Beginning March 2, all upcoming posts must be edited and scheduled by 2 pm the day before they are due and live by midnight Central time.
- Write down each blog post on desk calendar, to keep track of progress, and to keep myself accountable.
Post to app 1 second every day at least 5x a week
If you ever hear me talk in real life, I sound like I’m whispering. I’m extremely soft spoken, so the desire to vlog doesn’t make a ton of sense to me, but I still want to give this a shot. Posting to 1 second every day app will, help me get used to videography, and will make self accountability and tracking my progress easier.
- make a note on daily planner, when ever a video is loaded to app
- At the end of the week compile all content for the week together and post video to instagram
Calculate what it would cost to work for myself
Having a rough idea of what it would cost to leave the 9 to 5 environment, could make this goal less daunting.
- Research self employment health insurance plans for Texas
- Calculate bare minimum monthly income goal to cover housing, bills, savings, and quarterly taxes.
- Create an hourly rate/project rate based on minimum monthly income total
Did you accomplish all your goals for February, and what are your plans for March?